Find us on
Does my grant need to be post-marked, or received by the deadline?
Applications must be submitted to the office electronically by 4:00PM on the date stated in the appropriate RFP.
When will I be notified about the status of my grant application?
The grants committee will review your proposal and decisions will normally be made in mid-June for the Youth Grantmaking Micro-Grants and the Youth Fund grants; decisions for Community Grants will be made in mid-November. In the case of special initiatives the decision will be determined within the terms of the RFP.
What will not be funded?
The Brookline Community Foundation does not provide grants for:
- Individual scholarships
Specifically, what types of acitivities do get funded?
Program or capacity building
- Support for programs and organizations that strengthen Brookline.
- Capital improvements for such purposes as facility improvements, vehicles, equipment purchases and other non-expendable assets. The Foundation seeks to target this assistance to smaller nonprofits that would otherwise find it difficult, if not impossible, to meet this type of need through their operating budgets.
- Organizational support: Board and staff development, technical assistance, strategic planning, program evaluation, and infrastructure building.
- Research and advocacy that demonstrate or elevate a community need or opportunity.
- Events, programs, or outreach campaigns and initiatives that draw together diverse populations to build a stronger community.