Brookline Forward Published
BCF published Brookline Forward, a report that builds on the Foundation's recent Understanding Brookline report. We asked town leaders and experts to identify areas where the Foundation and its donors colud make the most substantial, and lasting, impact. Those ideas became our three-year plan of action, which are:
- Reduce and Alleviate Poverty
- Expand Opportunities for Youth
- Invest in the Foundation's Capacity
RFP for 2014 Fall Community Grant Cycle
Apply now for the 2014 Fall Community Grant Cycle. BCF welcomes proposals that particularly address our strategic priorities:
- Reducing and alleviating poverty by addressing urgent needs, strengthening Brookline's support network, and creating pathways out of poverty.
- Expanding out of school time opportunities particularly for middle school aged youth by filling programmatic gaps, including programming for youth who are at-risk and/or from low-income families.
However, as BCF continues to move forward with our strategic priorities, we will also continue to serve the town as a whole, funding organizations and initiatives that address diverse community needs. We also welcome proposals focused on:
- Access to arts and culture
- Environmental sustainability
- Youth Leadership
- Senior support
- Early childhood education
Proposals are due August 15, 2014. Apply today!
2013 Grants Awarded by BCF
In 2013, the Brookline Community Foundation (BCF) awarded 29 grants, totaling $280,548 to organizations that are creatively addressing the most pressing needs in our community. BCF's 2013 grantees are expanding access to the arts, empowering low-income families and individuals, addressing issues of educational equity and providing critical support to Brookline’s most vulnerable populations. Since 1999, BCF has given more than $5 million to local non-profits and initiatives. Learn more about the specific grants that were awarded...
2012 Annual Report
In 2012, BCF provided $980,000 of support to more than 17 organizations in Brookline through contributions from nearly 750 individuals and businesses.
BCF Releases "Understanding Brookline"
At a sold-out event on May 15, the Brookline Community Foundation shared a first-of-its-kind report that provides a compelling, research-based profile of our community. "Understanding Brookline: Emerging Trends and Changing Needs" combines research from two BCF initiatives, highlighting important trends in our community and raising questions about how we can work together to build a better Brookline.
Brookline Community Foundation is confirmed by the Council on Foundations as operating in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
who we are
Welcome to the Brookline Community Foundation
BCF is a nonprofit organization that exists to promote a strong, engaged and inclusive community. BCF identifies and raises awareness of community needs, creates forums for public dialogue and problem solving, inspires philanthropy and volunteerism, and advances equal access to community resources and opportunities while strengthening and sustaining local nonprofits.
- We partner with donors like you to raise money to support the causes you care about.
- We work with community groups to assess needs and solve problems through targeted grantmaking.
- We lead on important community issues to identify levers of change and to move Brookline forward.